Tuesday, March 21, 2006


Welcome to my blog. I actually started this blog in February 2005 before moving out to Thailand. I finished my job in London, moved out of my flat and found a new home for my cat to embark on a new adventure in Thailand. I'd bought a 1 way ticket - so I didn't know how long I'd be gone. I just knew that I wanted to serve God. I could teach English so I guessed that would play a part in it somewhere. And Thailand seemed to be the place that God had put on my heart. My decision wasn't as rash as it sounds - I had prayed a sought confirmation that my decision was something that God would honour and bless rather than just being a whim or an escape.

So my plan was to blog as I went along...

For one reason or another it hasn't happened. Either I was living somewhere where I couldn't access a computer so easily, or I've been busy, or too stressed, or I've been in the dilemma of "If I don't start the blog from the beginning, where do I start?" ... so I just never started.

Well it's now March 2006 and I'm still in Thailand and it's possible that I'm on the last leg of my time here. I'm not 100% certain, but the was things are looking right now - I'll probably be coming home in June. It's a bit of a funny time to start my blog but it's better late than never.
I've had so many experiences (funny, challenging, bad and good) and thoughts and moments with God etc that it seems silly not to write them down. And who knows... someone may stumble across these pages and somewhere in my rambling there may just be something that blesses them or gives them some inspiration to go where God has been calling them to. For some people - it may even be that God is calling you to Him...

So here's the beginning of my blog, starting a little too late ! But one thing that's not out of date is its title cos I still miss my Cat.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home