Saturday, April 29, 2006


God moments

Psalm 97

The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice.
Clouds and thick darkness surround him;

Righteouness and justice are the foundation of his throne. Fire goes before him and consumes his foes on every side.

His lightening lights up the world;

the earth sees and trembles.

The mountains melt like wax before the Lord, beofre the Lord of all the earth the heavens proclaim his righteousness.
And all the peoples see His Glory.

I felt God gave me this picture the other day when I was praying... and I have spent all week trying to recreate the picture I saw but I haven't had much success in getting it onto my blog. I really felt God put Psalm 97 on my heart as I was praying for Thailand. As I prayed the verse I began to see a picture of the globe and the words of the first half of Psalm 97 written over it. Then around the globe I saw pictures of Phang Nga - where I live in Thailand. So I spent ages trying to recreate it! But then the file was too big to upload. Or like the one above - too small to be able to see properly. So the Psalm is written out in full above instead.

My prayer is that God will open the floodgates of heaven and let his glory reign here in Phang Nga. That he will continue to heal the land and bring waves of blessing to this area. My prayer for Phang Nga often echoes the words in the Martin Smith song: Over the Mountains and the Sea. I believe that one day that will be the song on the lips of the people here - that they will sing of the day when they opened their hearts to God's love and were set free.

Over the Mountains and the Sea

Your river runs with Love for me

And I will open up my heart

And let the healer set me free.

I'm happy to be in the truth

And I will daily lift my hands

For I will always sing of when your love came down.

I will sing of your love forever.

I will sing of your love forever.

Oh I feel like dancing

it's foolishness I know

But when the world has seen the light

There'll be dancing then like we're dancing now.

I will sing of your love forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home